Aegea seeks to ensure the highest level of transparency and ethics in its activities. To disseminate and support all initiatives of the company and the concessionaires, Aegea has established a Compliance Program that promotes an integrity culture, based on Aegea’s values and Code of Conduct.
Aegea’s Compliance Program is guided by three main system directions, that promotes ethical and integrity attitudes in our routine. They are: Prevention, Detection and Correction.
• Prevention: it is the most important pillar. In addition to verifying the eminent risks to the business, is related to establishments of policies and procedures that are support by continuous communication tools and training, for employees, suppliers and business partners.
• Detection: we investigate suspicious reports to clarify the facts and promote the truth. The procedure is conducted confidentially and respecting to those involved.
• Correction: it is the consequence of the second pillar – Detection. The identified failures or possible inappropriate attitudes should be immediately corrected and, when required, a disciplinary measure will be applied.
The Compliance Program is conducted by an Integrity Management, with the support of an Ethics Management Group. The group is responsible for evaluate and follow up the possible investigations, ensuring the suitability of the entire process and carried out by the investigator group.
Through an action based on impartiality, the Ethics Management Group are also responsible for ensured an absolute confidentiality, before, during and after the end of the investigations, not allowing any form of retaliation by the complainant.
To contact the Hotline and make a report click here.
To ensure the corporation legal compliance, throughout the business chain, Aegea has created policies to support behavior standards. All policies and procedures demands from employees, suppliers and partners act accordingly to the laws and business applicable plans and the company internal rules.
• Code of Conduct – Employees
• Code of Conduct – Business Partners
• Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy – Short Version
• Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption Policy
• Consequences and Disciplinary Measures Policy
• Hotline Policy
To reinforce the corporation legal compliance, throughout the business chain, Aegea established a Hotline, for employees, suppliers, users, authorities, public agents and any other audience with whom the group relates.
Dedicated to investigate facts related to possible irregularities or inappropriate behavior in the business conduct or social activities, at corporate or professional level, the channel is the most efficient way to identify disagreements regarding to the Code of Conduct and laws. All complaints are managed in a confidential and stealthy manner, without any exposure to the rapporteur. It is simple, secure and anonymous, and provides a follow-up option to the outcome of your complaint.
Call 0800 648 6301 to be attended by a Contato Seguro Company employee. The service is done 24 hours a day, all week long. The call is free and it is not necessary identify yourself. If you prefer, access the website https://www.contatoseguro.com.br/aegea/, click on the option “Make your complaint here” and fill in the blanks.
In early December of 2018, Aegea received the certification NBR ISO 37001 Anti-bribery Management System. Since 2017, the company has been working for this purpose, when the Integrity Management Group was implemented to strengthen the Compliance in the company.